Sunday, March 17, 2013

Training recap - week of 3/11

Middle of March and it's still been chilly here - I am most definitely ready for Spring.  This was a busy week for me, but I was able to get (almost) all my workouts in.  I am exhausted from my half this morning (New Bedford Half Marathon - race recap coming later this week) so I am keeping this one short and sweet.

Without further ado - this week's training schedule.

Monday - 30 minutes cardio + 10 minutes stretching

Tuesday - Refine class (not as sore after this one so that is good!)

Wednesday - Speedwork.  First speed workout in a long time.  Felt good to do it, but definitely didn't go insane.
    - 1 mile warmup
    - 8 x 200m, with 200m recovery
    - 0.5 mile cooldown

Thursday - Kickboxing

Friday - Rest day

Saturday - Unintentional rest day.  I had all plans to get up and run Saturday morning, but could not get out of bed.  Since I was racing on Sunday, I figured the sleep was good.

Sunday - New Bedford Half Marathon.  Full recap coming this week, but I felt good.  Got to check MA off my list of states!

Hope you all had good weekends!


No comments:

Post a Comment