Monday, January 2, 2017

Training recap week of 12/26


Hope everyone had a good last week of 2016! As I mentioned in my last post, I am almost fully back to normal. Although, I don't think I will ever go back to the exact same I was before surgery (there are some scars on my stomach that prove that), but I am feeling as close to the way I was pre-surgery as I can be.

I ended the year on high note - first true speed workout! It felt really good to get a speed workout in. Felt ideal to do it at the end of the year. Here's to 2017!

Currently training for:
  • Disney World Half Marathon
  • Enchanted 10K
  • Princess Half Marathon
 
Monday
Scheduled: Rest/Cross Training
Actual: Spin class

Used this Monday to get some cross training in! I was still home in PA, but fortunately, a CycleBar just opened near my mom's house and I got a solid spin class in there. It's been a long time since I took a spin class, but it felt good to shake out my legs and sweat out all the holiday treats.

Tuesday
Schedule: 3-6 miles easy
Actual: 3.0 miles, 29:58, 10:00 pace

Easy 3 mile run today. I was a little sore from CycleBar yesterday, so didn't push it or anything.

Wednesday
Scheduled: 3 x 1 mile at 10-20 seconds over goal HMP (so 8:56-9:06), plus warm up and cool down
Actual: 5:41 miles total
Paces: 8:55, 8:56, 8:46

This went surprisingly well. I was nervous about hitting those paces, but they were not as hard as I thought they would be.

Thursday 
Scheduled: 3-6 miles easy
Actual: 3.18 mi, 30:55, 9:44 pace

Kept it nice and easy for today's run. Since yesterday was my first speedwork, didn't want to overdo it.

Friday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Saturday
Scheduled: 11 mile long run
Actual: 11.5 mi, 1:53:13, 9:51 pace

Didn't have the greatest month of long runs (in other words, I didn't get any in), but with the Disney Half next weekend, wanted to get a solid long run in. It was good and what a way to end 2016.

Sunday
Scheduled: 3-6 miles easy
Actual: 3.0 mi, 30:23, 10:08 pace

Total Miles: 26.08
Total December Miles: 67.95
Total January Miles: 3.00
Miles to 2016 Goal (1,000): 190.18
Miles to 2017 Goal (1,270): 1,267

I didn't not make my 2016 goal, but given my surgery and the recovery following that, I am not surprised. I did finish the year with just over 800 miles, which I am pretty proud of! It was actually more then I expected to, so I was really psyched. I upped my number in 2017, but with two marathons, it should not be an issue.

How did your training week go?

No comments:

Post a Comment