Thursday, January 5, 2017

Goals: January


Happy Thursday everyone! Is it me or has this week just flown by?

As I mentioned in my 2017 post, I am going to do mini goals each month. I think having smaller goals will help me reach my larger goals for the year.

But, before I get into my January goals, I wanted to add one to my 2017 goals. This one totally slipped my mind when I was typing up my list, which is funny because it's one of the ones I really want to adhere too! I went back and added it to my original post, but I'll include it here too.

  • Downsize my stuff. This should really read "get rid of my excess crap". Because really, I have too much stuff. I love my apartment and love that I haven't felt a need (or had) to move in years, but the downside to that is that I am not forced to clean out/go through my stuff every time I move. This means I have a lot of stuff in my apartment. My closets are packed and my drawers overflowing. While I plan on going through my stuff, a big thing I am doing is instituting a "1 in, 2 out" policy. This means whenever I buy something, two thing must go in the donate pile (and stay there). I am hoping this helps me make smarter purchases ("Do I want this enough to get rid of 2 things?"), while also helping me downsize my clothing collection.
In full disclosure, this will not fully apply to my race shirts. I don't get rid of those (as they have sentimental value to me), but at the same time my race shirt collection is out of control. What I am thinking about doing is removing shirts from the rotation and packing them away. Especially some of the older shirts that have already gotten a lot of use. I am also considering pulling all my Disney shirts and making a quilt out of them. Has anyone ever had one made? What company did you use?

Okay, so now that I've shared my last 2017 goal, let's get to my January goals!
  1. Run 100 total miles. This is a gimme since I want to run a total of 1,270 miles for the year. Ideally, I'd like to run more then this in January, but don't want to overdue it in January.
  2. Sleep a minimum of 7+ hours a night. I really got off my sleep schedule in December. I'd like to focus on getting into bed at a reasonable hour each night and actually going to bed. I have a (bad) habit of getting into bed and then playing on my phone for an hour. Not good! 
  3. Focus on following a meal plan and not eating junk. This is a year round goal, but I feel like January is a good month to truly reset and start the year off right. I know this will be tough when I'm in Disney, but really going to focus on this the rest of the month.
  4. Cross train at least 4x a week. Again, part of my annual goal. But, I also know this will get harder once I get into marathon training and my mileage increases. Want to focus on this while I can.
  5. Take 2 bags of stuff to Goodwill. Let's get that closet clean out going!
That's all for this month!

What are your goals for January?

2 comments:

  1. I have two bags of things to go to Goodwill, does that count? They're still sitting in my bedroom, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's halfway there! Now you just need to take them to Goodwill :)

      Delete