Sunday, August 2, 2015

Training recap week of 7/20 (Route 66 Week 1)


Happy Sunday everyone!  Sorry for the week off - I was at the beach on vacation and I promise I had every intention of posting... But the house we were staying at didn't have wifi!  Seriously, I could not believe it.  It was kinda nice to be disconnected for a week though!  But now I am back ready to get back to it.

This was the first week of Route 66 training.  I can't believe it's time to start training already!  My coach has me easing into speedwork and high volume mileage.  It felt good to be following a schedule again.

Before I get into the recap, I wanted to say a word about my schedule/training.  As I said before, I am working with a fellow Oiselle Volee member (Volee is the new name for the Flock!) for my training schedule.  This schedule was created specifically for me, based on my current paces, fitness levels and goals.  I share it here to hold myself accountable.  I do not post this as a schedule for others to follow.  I am not a coach, so please don't follow this as it was not created for universal use (plus, I don't share all the details, so you'd likely be missing key pieces).

That said, let's get to the recap!

Monday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Tuesday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy pace
Actual: 3.0 mi, 29:36, 9:51 pace

Wednesday
Scheduled: 5 miles with 10 x 30 second pickups at up pace
Actual: 5.0 miles, 47:30, 9:30 average pace

First attempt at a faster pace.  Need to remember what those paces feel like - I was all over the place.

Thursday
Scheduled: 4 miles easy pace
Actual: 4.0 mi, 38:33, 9:38 pace

Friday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Saturday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Sunday
Scheduled: 12 miles long run (9 miles easy + 3 miles up tempo)
Actual: 12.0 miles, 1:55:02, 9:35 average pace

Did this run on vacation at the beach - it was hot, hot, HOT!  I wasn't sure if I could do those last 3 miles at the required pace (8:45-9:00), but I pushed through and got it done!

Up tempo paces: 8:52, 8:45, 8:43

Total miles: 24.01
Total July miles: 65.56
Miles until goal (1,250): 642.83
Cross Training: 0/4

No comments:

Post a Comment