Friday, August 28, 2015

Change... is good.

Nothing to do with this post, but still a pretty picture.

The title of this post is true, but doesn't cover everything.  Change is good, but change is also terrifying, time consuming and risky. 

Let me back up a second.

As I am sure you have noticed, I've been a bit MIA this summer on the blog.  At first, it was post-Tinker Bell blues, but in the last 5 weeks or so, it's because some other stuff at been going on.  

Today, Friday, August 28, is my last day at my current job.  I know I don't talk a lot about my job (and outside this post I likely won't again), but I really do like my job (I work in advertising, btw).  But, an opportunity arose that I could not pass up and I start my new job on Monday. 

I don't want to get to much into the details (because this is a running blog after all), but it's really exciting.  It's still in advertising.  I know the people I will be working with so there is a level of trust already there.  They know me and know I love to run and race, which is great for my upcoming racing schedule.

In all truth, it will be a challenging couple of weeks/months as I get settled into the new place and fully up-to-speed there (oh, and you know, continue marathon training).  My posts might be continue to be a little sporadic for the next few months, so bear with me.

I am not sure what this will mean for my training.  The last time I started a new job and trained for a marathon, the marathon training portion did not go well (Montreal - race ended up going really well even with crappy training).

I am going to do my best and re-evaluate my race goals after the Brooklyn half.  How I do in that race will be a good indicator of how training is going.

So, now you know everything that's been going on here!  Wish me luck on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment