Monday, November 11, 2013

S'mores Bites

I am still in Disney World eating and drinking my way around the Food and Wine Festival, I thought I would post a recent recipe I made that has been hanging out in my draft folder for a while.  Hope you are all having a nice Monday!

*************************

I made these treats a ridiculously long time ago when I was in the mood for something easy and sweet.  Fortunately, my sweet tooth coincided with a birthday at work, so I brought most of them into the office so I wouldn't be tempted to eat them all!

I found this recipe through Pinterest and since it involved minimal ingredients and no gadgets, it was right up my alley.  I love cooking but once crazy ingredients or gadgets get involved, it usually falls off the 'To Cook" list.  I like simplicity (and I'm lazy, let's be real).  It was also a no-bake dessert which meant I did not have to turn on my oven on a sweltering day.

This recipe was from the blog Gimme Some Oven and was so easy to make my niece could do it (in fact, this would probably be a great recipe to make with her.  She'd love it.).  I saved some for myself, but took the rest to work and I can confirm they were a big hit.  Completely gone by the end of the day!

Steps (as simplified by me):
1. Melt butter
2. Add marshmallows and stir until melted
3. Remove from heat and add in Golden Grahams (remember them?)
4. Add chocolate chips
5. Place on parchment paper to cool

So easy right?  The full recipe is available at Gimme Some Over or click here to go directly to the recipe.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment