Friday, May 4, 2012

Another reason why Syracuse is awesome

I recently came across this video (it was being shared like crazy on Facebook) and it just reminded me how much I love my alma mater.  I love that they changed the words to be about SU, that the girls are wearing the football uniforms and that Otto is featured prominently.  I love anything with Otto!


Watching this video makes me totally nostalgic for campus (although not the Syracuse winters).  Hard to believe I graduated 7 years ago this month.  It feels like just yesterday and a lifetime ago all at the same time.  I'm not sure how that is possible but it's true.

Spring in Syracuse was always one of my favorite times of year.  The feeling of the long cold winter finally being lifted, the crispness of spring in the air and most importantly, fishbowls at happy hour on Fridays.  You could get fishbowls at any happy hour year round, but for me, I only liked to drink them in the Spring.  We'd all gather our fishbowls at a table and play a drinking card game.  At like 4 o'clock in the afternoon.  Ahh, college.

One of the other things I remember about spring in Syracuse is how your body adjusts to the cold winters there.  It would hit like 45-50 degrees and everyone would be in flip flops and tank tops.  No jackets required.  It was 56 in NYC when I left my apartment this morning and I actually thought it was chilly (I was already wearing a jacket).  Or maybe I'm just getting old.  Let's go with the body adjusts to the weather theory since I don't like the getting old part!

No comments:

Post a Comment