Wednesday, April 29, 2015

New Balance Girls Night Out


A couple of weeks ago (right before Raleigh), I attended the first New Balance Girls Night Out of 2015.  I was attended one back in September and it was so much fun!  Girls Night Out events are free of charge, you just need to register in advance.

They always feature a workout (or run option) and afterwards there are drinks and snacks to enjoy.

I arrived shortly after 6:30 (the workout starts at 7) and after checking in and dropping my bags at baggage, claimed a spot on the floor.  I think they were hoping it was nicer out then it was (it was still pretty chilly) because the class was held in the store.  I think a lot of people didn't do the run due to the weather, so it was a little crowded.  But we pushed some racks aside and made it work!

Ready to go!
The workout this time was lead by Danielle and Jacey from The Sports Barre.  I had actually never heard of The Sports Barre before so I wasn't sure what to expect from the workout.  I thought it would be like a barre class, but it was definitely more of a HIIT-type workout.  We did lots of squats, leg lifts, jumping jacks and the like.  It was definitely a tough workout and one I really enjoyed!

I would love to take a regular class at The Sports Barre, but they are located in Jersey City.  Which is great for people in Jersey City, but I honestly don't think I'll get out there for a class.  Jersey City ladies, if you go, let me know how it is!

Afterwards, we grabbed a beer and caught up (I had a couple of friends who went as well), but I didn't stay too late as I still needed to pack for Raleigh.

New Balance treats the attendee's really well and in addition to the class, food and drinks they also gave us a gift pack!

The gift pack this time around included a cute bag (which will be great for the gym or beach) and inside was a Bobble bottle (which makes me happy because I've been wanting one for a while), a sample of Mio muscle rub (they were there doing sampling at the event), a hair tie and some coupons.


The gift bag also included a super cute tank top!  It's very soft and I can see myself wearing it to classes or the gym a lot.


They have not announced the next Girls Night Out in New York, but I hope I can attend.  It's a really fun night and I love getting to try out some different workouts!

Has anyone else every attended a NB Girls Night Out?

{Side note: I registered on my own to attend (it's free for all guests) and was not invited by New Balance or asked to write this post, I just wanted to share my experience.  Even so, all opinions are my own.}

4 comments:

  1. That's great that you got to go. Where was this event located? I'd love to do something like this! -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually held at the New Balance store here in NYC! They hold events in different cities throughout the year - you can check them out here: https://www.nbgirlsnightout.com/events/

      Delete
  2. That's some awesome swag! Looks like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete