Monday, August 11, 2014

Training recap week of 8/4 (Dumbo Double Dare Week 2)

This week was really solid in terms of running - got a total of 6 days in!  I didn't do so great with PiYo though as much as I wanted too.  I somehow lost my will to get up early (I usually do my PiYo in the AM and run in the evening).  Oh well, hopefully this week I'll do better!

My weekend run schedule got a little bit switched around this week as my mom was in town on Saturday and Sunday so I knew I wouldn't be able to do my long run on Sunday (this was a back to back week).  We had a great time - went to see the musical Newsies on Saturday night.  I love the movie version and very much enjoyed the show!  I think it's going on a national tour soon, so if it comes to your town, I recommend seeing it!

Monday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: 2.52 mi, 30:00, 11:54 pace

Even though it was a rest day, I attended a workout at the new Reebok FitHub in the city.  Olympian Carrie Tollefson was there to lead the run.  It was a fun time!

Tuesday
Scheduled: 4 miles easy
Actual: 3.07 mi, 32:18, 10:31 pace

My legs were feeling a little tired and since I ran the night before, I cut this one a little short.

Wednesday
Scheduled: 6 miles easy
Actual: 6.01 mi, 58:02, 9:40 pace

Thursday
Scheduled: 4 miles easy
Actual: Rest

Moved this run to Friday to get my back to back in.

Friday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: 4.08 mi, 42:17, 10:22 pace

Saturday
Scheduled: 4 miles easy
Actual: 12.00 mi, 2:00:40, 10:03 pace

Was supposed to do this on Sunday, but switched it since my mom was in.  Enjoyed week 2 of Summer Streets by running through Lower Manhattan and doing a bridge run (Brooklyn, Manhattan and Williamsburg bridges).

Sunday
Scheduled: 12 miles easy
Actual: 4.20 mi, 40:48, 9:42 pace

Total miles: 31.87
Total August miles: 39.30
Miles until goal (1,250): 446.58

2 comments:

  1. Great job this week! I haven't seen the Newsies before, but I hear great things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a really cute show - if it comes to your area, you should definitely try and see it!

      Delete