Monday, October 14, 2013

Training recap week of 10/7 (Dopey Week 5)


Another week of training come and gone.  5 down, 13 to go.  Each week it gets a little "real-er" (and slightly more terrifying I am not afraid to admit).

This week included the Hartford Half Marathon, which also checked CT off the State list.  I'll have a full recap later this week, but let's just say it went well.

Fall was also back this week and it made for some glorious runs.  Let's hope this isn't followed by another heat wave like it was last time I said that.

Monday
Scheduled: Rest or Cross Training
Actual: Rest

Tuesday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy pace (10:44 - 11:44)
Actual: 3.00 miles, 32:33, 10:50 pace

Wednesday
Scheduled: 6 mile easy pace (10:44 - 11:44)
Actual: 6.01 miles, 1:02:42, 10:26 pace

Thursday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy pace (10:44 - 11:44)
Actual: 3.01 miles, 31:41, 10:32 pace

Friday
Scheduled: Rest 
Actual: Rest

Saturday
Scheduled: Hartford Half Marathon (long run pace, 10:29)
Actual: 13.3 miles, 1:57:42, 8:51 pace

Sunday
Scheduled: Cross training or rest
Actual: Rest

So in what seems to be a running theme (haha), all of my paces were on the fast side.  I had planned on running the half as my long run and was really not concerned with my time.  But as you can see above, that was not my long run pace.  I didn't push it at all and wasn't even doing hard effort during the race.  I finished and felt fine.

I keep telling myself that Dopey is not for time (and it's not), but I think it's time to face the fact that I am just faster overall and my new natural pace (which also used to be around 10:00's) is just faster than I am used too.  I also don't want to lose my newfound speed so I want to continue to do some faster runs.  I am going to be adjusting my paces in the next couple of weeks to see what works for me.  

Total miles: 25.32
Total October miles: 57.71

2 comments: