Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Solstice

Summer Solstice over Stonehedge

Today is both my favorite and least favorite day of the year: Summer Solstice.  Why?

Well, today marks the first day of summer - which is obviously why it is one of my favorite days of the year.  Despite the fact that it has already been blazingly hot and I always feel that summer unofficially starts Memorial Day weekend, I always love the official first day of summer.  It's finally officially here.  Summer is the farthest we can get from winter and we know how I feel about winter.

But sadly, the summer solstice is also the longest day of the year.  Which means after today, it is going to get earlier every night.  Which means there will be less daylight for me to run in and reminds me that in the not too distant future, I'll be doing most of my runs in the dark (damn you winter!).

But, we do have a while before it gets dark early, so I am going to continue to take advantage of the daylight after work.

Does anyone else feel this way about the summer solstice?  Or am I the only weirdo?

No comments:

Post a Comment