Monday, February 11, 2013

Paleo Update

So it's been almost a month and a half and thought I should give an update on my attempt at Paleo.  I have finished my freezer meals (which I loved) and while I definitely felt better on it, I don't think it is something long term I can commit too.  I missed cheese, yogurt, peanut butter and hummus (all no-no's on Paleo).  Because it was too restrictive, I feel like I was cheating a lot (which I was).

But, as I said, I did feel better while following it so I going to try something different this month.  I am going to go gluten-free (which was part of Paleo too) but I can have dairy (yay!), nuts and legumes (which I don't understand why was not allowed on Paleo).

I did another all day of cooking yesterday of all gluten free foods for the month.  I was a crazy person at the grocery store checking labels for gluten in products (that stuff is in EVERYTHING) and now have a full freezer of yummy gluten-free foods.  Last months cooking lasted me about 6 weeks, so hoping this round will also last me 6 weeks and I won't have to do this again until April.

Anyone else gluten free?

I organized the freezer much better this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment