Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm back!

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the month's hiatus from blogging, but it's been a big month for me and blogging took a back seat.  I guess the biggest news is I got a new job.  Anyone who has ever left a job and started a new one knows how crazy those couple of weeks can be.  So that's my excuse.  Sorry!

Starting a new job can be scary, but I (like to) think change is good.  Keeps you from getting complacent.  But now I am one week into my new job and getting settled, so hopefully I'll be able to blog more consistently.  I have about 10 posts how finished because I'd start to write them, but run out of time to finish. Can't wait to get back into a routine.

So to get back into the swing of things, thought I would start with an update on where I am for my 30 by 30 goal.


I ran the Brooklyn Half Marathon on May 19th (a quick race recap will be coming soon) which was number #25!  Only 5 to go!  And those 5 have been decided.  The next up is the Rock n Roll Providence Half Marathon on August 19th.  I ran this one last year (in a monsoon) so should be a good race.  It's a hilly, challenging course which is one of the reasons we went with this one over the the Wild Half since (apparently) the Montreal course is very hilly.

I am also officially registered for the Wine and Dine (and everything except the flight is booked) and Philadelphia half's.  Only thing left to register for is the Disney World Half, which I am hoping to do soon.

26 - Providence Half Marathon (8.19.12)
27 - Virginia Beach Half Marathon (9.2.12)
28 - Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon (11.10.12)
29 - Philadelphia Half Marathon (11.18.12)
30 - Disney World Half Marathon (1.12.13)


No comments:

Post a Comment