Tuesday, February 17, 2015

2 on Tuesday


The weatherman was predicting another weekend of brutal temperatures and I knew I wouldn't leave my apartment if I didn't pre-schedule some items.  Not that I don't love being home... but it's nice to get out and speak to other people.  So on Sunday, we made plans to go see a movie.  We decided on Kingsman and it did not disappoint.  It's not a movie about the "real" secret service, but an awesome spy movie.  It's a little tongue in cheek and very funny.  It was a prefect way to spend a Sunday afternoon!


I've been trying to cook more for a variety of reasons - it's cheaper, I eat healthier, I enjoy it and find it relaxing.  This weekend was no different and since it was Valentine's Day, I made myself a nice steak dinner.  I used this recipe for the steak and it was delicious.  I paired it with some simple roasted tomatoes and brussels sprouts.  I am a firm believer that you don't need to be in a relationship to celebrate Valentine's Day.  In the words of Tom and Donna (from Parks and Recreation) - Treat Yo Self!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check Kingsman out, thanks for the idea! YUM your dinner looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete