Monday, June 2, 2008

Oops

Ok, so its been a while since I've posted. Oops, sorry! Let me give a brief re-cap of the past couple of weeks.

Shoes - I clipped in for the first time 2 weeks ago. My friend Peter helped me learn how. It was definitely a weird feeling. My feet were attached to the pedals! Was able to grasp the concept pretty easily, so thats good. I've gone on a couple of rides clipped in, which has been exciting.

Brick - Did my first brick last week. A brick is a bike followed by a run. That is the weirdest sensation in the world. You feel like you're going to fast on the bike and then I felt like I was crawling when I started running (my legs also felt like they had lead weights in them). Definitely a good thing to practice.

Open water swim - We had an open water swim clinic this past weekend. Oh my god. It was freaky. I've never really swam in open water before - it was terrifying. The waves, the current, swallowing salt water, the whole feeling of a wetsuit. I felt much better by the end of the clinic but still not comfortable. Glad I was able to get in the water before this weekend....

Which brings me to this Sunday. I decided (kinda) spur of the moment to sign up for a sprint triathlon with some friends. It will be my first tri ever! It's exciting, but also nerve wracking. Luckily, the swim takes place in a lake (so hopefully it won't be as choppy). I am nervous about the bike though. Apparently, there is a really bike hill. I hope I can make it up it and not fall off my bike. Oy vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment