Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Training Recap week of 7/3



Can all weeks be 3 day work weeks? My office was closed both Monday and Tuesday for the July 4th holiday and it was so nice! Let's all band together to make 4 day weekends a permanent thing.

This week is week 6 in Wineglass training. Meaning I am 1/3 of the way through this marathon training cycle. Holy cow! This week in training went pretty well. I was able to get all my workouts in and felt great on my long run! Bring on week 7!

Currently training for:
  • Disneyland Half Marathon
  • Wineglass Marathon

Monday
Scheduled: Cross Training
Actual: Rest

Even though I was off of work and had plenty of time to get a cross training session in... a little too much fun with friends on Sunday night meant I was out of commission on Monday.

Tuesday:
Scheduled: 6 miles easy
Actual: 6.02 mi, 57:44, 9:35 pace

Wednesday
Scheduled: 4 mile tempo run, plus warm up and cool down
Actual: 7.01 mi total
Paces: 8:10, 8:11, 8:20, 8:08

This is one of those workouts that is helping me to be realistic about BQ'ing at Wineglass. Realistically, this pace for 4 miles should be easy (after all, this is about where I should run the entire marathon at). Yet, it was hard. I was pushing the entire time and felt dead afterwards.

Thursday
Scheduled: 6 mile fartlek (6 x 90 sec 5K pace)
Actual: 5.13 mi, 49:33, 9:40 pace

My legs felt completely trashed after the tempo on Wednesday, so I ended up running this easy. I also thought it was only 5 miles, not 6!

Friday
Scheduled: Rest
Actual: Rest

Saturday
Scheduled: 14 mile long run
Actual: 14.01 mi, 2:16:45, 9:46 pace

Felt good on this long run until the last mile when it got a little harder (and hotter!). This was the longest I've run since Route 66 in November 2015!

Sunday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy
Actual: 3.01 mi, 29:25, 9:47 pace

Total Miles: 35.17
Total July Miles: 50.97
Miles to Goal (1,270): 576.48 

No comments:

Post a Comment