Thursday, August 4, 2016

50 States Challenge: Year 3 Recap


Since we just passed my half birthday, I figured it was a good time to get my recap for Year 3 of my 50 States Challenge. Better late, then never, right?!?

Year 3 was a good year for the challenge - I got 5 states completed! Those 5 states were:

- North Carolina: Rock n Roll Raleigh
- Wisconsin: Madison Half Marathon
- Washington: Rock n Roll Seattle
- Maine: Shipyard Old Port Half Marathon
- Oklahoma: Route 66 Marathon

These 5 states put me at a total of 24 states - so close to being half way there (47%)!

In 2016, I won't be able to complete as many states. I knew I'd be having surgery at some point during the spring and I didn't know what the recovery time would be. I didn't want to register for too much until I knew how long recovery would be.

I am currently registered for 2 states and I have a 3rd I am planning on. The two I am registered for are:

- Michigan: Detroit Half Marathon
- Nevada: Rock n Roll Las Vegas

I am also planning on doing the Rehoboth Beach Half Marathon in December, which will check Delaware off the list.

I am already starting to think about 2017 states, I'm hoping to get 5 done again in 2017.

I've updated my completion map as well. Still a lot of blue on that map (orange means I've done the state).

As I think about 2017 races, any race you'd recommend? A great race in your state that I shouldn't miss? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment