Friday, March 14, 2008

Update

So I know its been a while since I've posted...my un-motivated week continued into the weekend. I decided not to do a long run at all. I was feeling sick again and just wanted to rest. I think it was a good idea. I was much more ready to workout this week because of it. On Monday I did some solid cross training at the gym. Then on Tuesday, I worked out with the Terrier for a run workout. We did drills and a 60 minute base run. Coach Josh talked about our long runs and doing them. He said unless we're sick there's no excuse. Yea, yea. Thanks Josh :)

Then on Wednesday, I did more cross training (elliptical and bike), plus some BOSU trainer work focusing on abs and inner thighs and some additional abs work (planks, ball situps, etc). I really enjoy doing stuff on the BOSU trainer - I feel like it really makes you work. Don't know what a BOSU trainer is? It's like half a balance call with a plank on it (don't think that really described it, lol, so here's a picture:

Thursdays are usually Terrier swim nights, but the pool was closed this week for cleaning, so we had a dryland swim clinic - exercises to do to strengthing shoulders. Was good. Tonight I have my JackRabbit swim class so I'll still get some pool time in.
This weekend is St. Paddy's day (ok, so its actually Monday, but we're celebrating this weekend). Because I know I am going to be hungover on Sunday and won't get a run in, I'm going to force myself to get up tomorrow morning and do a run. It's going to be hard, but I have to do it. If I don't, all I'll hear in my head in a small voice is Coach Josh telling me to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment